Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Recap of January Races 


My goal for 2013 is to run 13 races in 2013.  I'm off to a great start because in the month of January I participated in five races. I started off January and the new year with the Resolution Run 5K. I ran this with my youngest son Little G and our boxer. 


The next race was the Hot Chocolate 15K in Atlanta, GA on January 13th. Stefanie and I ran this race together along with Jenny, a fellow flamingoz girl, and the Baton Rouge group. That was probably the most difficult race I have ever participated in although it was only a 15K. Where I live there are no real hills to train on except our bridge to the beach. At every turn there seemed to be a new hill to climb and unlike a bridge you didn't have a downhill run to look forward too. But Stefanie and I still made it fun by concentrating on the chocolate that was waiting for us at the finish line!! 

Stefanie and I

Our first night in Atlanta at a local Mexican Cantina

Our transportation for the weekend and our Awesome driver!! 




Pre-race picture with Jenny! 

The Miss Fit Marshmallows!! 

                                             Our prize awaiting us at the finish line!!
                                                                             



                                                                 
                                                                 The girls!!

The group! 

While in Atlanta I met several ladies from the Moms RUN This Town running club. This is a nationwide running club. After meeting these wonderful ladies I decided to start a chapter here as a way to get running moms together. We are off to a great start with 11 members. 



My next race was the Jubilee Run Walk or Drag with Color on January 19th. This was such a fun race with my hubby and little G. 


                                                 I borrowed this pic from their Facebook page

                                                                being silly before the race




                                                         
                                                                       All Colored Up!!







My fourth race of the month was the Moms RUN This Town Half Marathon. I ran the virtual race since our chapter is so new and most of the moms are participating in the Couch to 5K program. Next year I hope that we can put on our own local Half for the members similar to what other chapters did this year. 


This is the medal I will receive for running 
in the Winter Wonderland Half


This picture is from another MRTT chapter's
Winter Wonderland Race. Another goal of mine
is to have a similar race for my local chapter 
next year.            


 The swag bags that one chapter offered its members 
who ran the Winter Wonderland. I'm planning now 
for our chapter to have similar incentives.



My last race of January was a Run Fur Fun 5k that raised money for the National Humane Society. This was a virtual race for you and your dog to run together. Roxy and I ran this along our beach path and ended our run by sitting at the beach listening to the waves crashing.  
                                                                   
All in all I think I'm off to a great start to accomplish my goal of running 13 races in 2013!! Do you have a goal of running 13 in 2013? 


No comments:

Post a Comment